[TechAssist] Re: Akai red convergence

  • From: "markbrock" <markbrock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 05:58:04 -0500

thanks guys,  I did what you said,  and I usually change em both myself,
but not on these that have one for vert and one for Horz,, unless both are
bad,  anyway, swapped, em, problem did not follow the IC,   changed them
both with new sanyo's,  ( thinking it was a marriage thing ? ) { they are
just audio amps }  same, checked all the resistors again,  still the same,
the one stk gets way to hot to be normal,  if left on for 5 minutes will
probably burn up,  I've added heat sink while I was trying to determine if I
could get it closer to alignment,  still got pretty hot,  it  is being  way
over driven,  can the  DCU  have this out of adjustment enough to cause it
to draw more current ?   I guess so,

Brock Electronics
R.R.4 box 237
5208  cr.3385