[TechAssist] Akai red convergence

  • From: "markbrock" <markbrock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 06:20:58 -0500

model PTH5498
this set came in with bad convergence, all three bowed down from top,   the
fuse under ICZ104 was open,  so I changed  this STK392-040, now the
convergence is ok for green and blue but red is actually worse and the ic
gets hot,  fuse still in tack but red convergence is so far out that there
is not way to correct,    this is a sanyo ic and I know there is some
discussion about after market stk's, the printing is smaller.  I didn't
follow the thread on this discussion because I always tell em,  original
only.  and its original sanyo ?  not sure what that means,  but since the
red and blue horz and vert are ok I'm suspecting something else ?  one of
these is  ic's control vert and one is horz if I remember correctly, I
replaced only the one with the bad fuse ?  anyone ? .. help.   red yoke ?
how do I test it  -vs- replacement.
brock

Brock Electronics
R.R.4 box 237