[TCUG] Re: Wacky Ideas

  • From: Brendan Sleight <brendansleight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:59:58 +0100

I like Bruce's idea a lot. I think it would have a big impact on reducing
the number speeding drivers, definitely worth a trial.
But playing Devil's Advocate for a moment :-
* Would this lead an increase in the number of Red Runners, especially if
they know that the opposing traffic was still being held. Would this lead to
more drivers ignoring the red signal, not just at the 'speed' sites but at
other sites.
* Speed Cameras are vandalised a lot. Traffic signals not generally
vandalised. Would this change ?

Regards,
Brendan M. Sleight