[tcb] Re: Master Cylinder

  • From: Theodore Reinert <theodoregreinertll@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:42:35 -0700 (PDT)

If everything else has been replaced (and I assume that you checked all of the
new parts!) Then the only thing left would be the master cylinder. If the bore
is seriously pitted, new seals won't do any good.
I used to own a '60 MGA, and had the master cylinder re-bored and sleeved with
a Rockwell 40 stainless steel sleeve. The master cylinder outlasted the rest of
the car!