[tcb] Re: Master Cylinder

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:42:45 -0500

I plan to rebuild but having a correct spare on hand is always nice.

And damn!! People who sell this stuff need to get a clue and do some
research. I'm finding 19mm masters listed for '70 buses all over the
place. The '70 is a one-year-only 22mm cylinder for use without a
booster. '69 down used the 19mm cylinder and '71 started with the
booster assist (it was either 22mm or 23.8mm -- I think '72 went up to
23.8mm).

I need to crawl under and look at mine to be sure it is a correct 22mm
ATE master before I order a rebuild kit. It may have been replaced with
an incorrect 19mm at some point. I've located a NOS 22mm ATE for $80
just in case.

G2