[tcb] Re: Master Cylinder

  • From: "Will" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 17:04:27 -0400

Just run with one switch

Brake MCs on busses are one of those catch as you can items. &nbsp;Have you
considered rebuilding yours?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On May 17, 2010 2:40 PM, Gerald Livingston &lt;gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
wrote:

Why do all of the new master cylinders I can find state "for one brake

light switch" but the actually installed on my '70 has 2? Even the

German listed at Bus Depot (for $180) says "Brake Master Cylinder, 1970

22.2mm, w/o Servo, (For ONLY 1 Brake Light Switch)"

Mine has 2 switches and the "oops light" on the dash. Any reasonably

priced CORRECT replacements out there?

G2

P.S.

The valve inside mine is going out. Sitting with foot on brake the

pedal will suddenly drop to the floor. Lift foot, press again, all is

good. No leaks. Reservoir still full.