[tcb] Master Cylinder

  • From: Gerald Livingston <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 13:30:38 -0500

Why do all of the new master cylinders I can find state "for one brake
light switch" but the actually installed on my '70 has 2? Even the
German listed at Bus Depot (for $180) says "Brake Master Cylinder, 1970
22.2mm, w/o Servo, (For ONLY 1 Brake Light Switch)"

Mine has 2 switches and the "oops light" on the dash. Any reasonably
priced CORRECT replacements out there?

G2

P.S.

The valve inside mine is going out. Sitting with foot on brake the
pedal will suddenly drop to the floor. Lift foot, press again, all is
good. No leaks. Reservoir still full.