[SI-LIST] Re: Why is capacitor with high ESR

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sguzek@xxxxxxxxx, "Si-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:08:23 -0800

Slawek, not at all.  If you want to know more about DET you can read any of
Istvan's papers on the subject.

The idea for DET as it pertains to decoupling is simple- satisfy |Z| <=
di/dt at near zero phase.  All noise energy is absorbed while remaining
within the noise budget.  Since the network appears to be resistive, it
cannot and does not resonate.

DET is not without its practical problems.  But, it is physically very
reasonable, even if it is economically challenged.  If you find a way to
make your via fence resistive, then you will have reinvented DET.

Regards,

Steve

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: