[SI-LIST] Re: Split gnd planes - for/against?

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kevin G. Rhoads" <kgrhoads@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:49:34 -0700

Kevin, PCB E/M software 10 years ago could frequently give squirrely
results.  An understanding of the software and sanity checks on results
are still requisite.  But the various products out there frequently
deliver results that correlate to measurements for the problems we work
with deadly, and I do mean deadly accuracy.

When we run into something that doesn't seem reasonable from a tool we
validate in one or more of several ways including running the problem on
tools from multiple vendors, and creating measurement test vehicles.
We follow these practices and haven't found our trousers around our
ankles yet.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

California office
(866) 675-4630 Business
(707) 780-1951 Fax

Main office
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

Oregon office
(503) 430-1065 Business
(503) 430-1285 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential intellectual property of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: