[SI-LIST] Re: Split gnd planes - for/against? - Thanks!

  • From: Sol Tatlow <Sol.Tatlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:57:44 +0200

One last mail to put this thread 'to bed'...

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply, particularly to
those who actually gave me what I asked for, those reluctant beasts,
the real-life examples - it's great that you're willing to so fully
participate in such a discussion. After all, theory is great;
coupled with real-life examples it's even better.

Of course, the specific examples can't be applied 1:1 to any other
design, as has been said 'x' times, but I, for one, am nevertheless
wiser for the experiences that have been shared... I believe I'm a
good engineer, but won't stop learning 'till the day I die.

It was also good to see that I am not the only one suffering at the
hands of less-than-perfect datasheets and the implementation of
often contradictoray 'hints' :) - regardless of simulation results
and past experiences, it's not always easy when it comes to
persuading a customer, who is still convinced that app notes are
written by all-knowing beings, to 'do the right thing'.

Sol

Sol Tatlow, M. Eng. (Oxon)
Product Developer

Pro Design Electronic GmbH