[SI-LIST] Re: Overshoot / Undershoot

  • From: "Peterson, James F (FL51)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 04:23:07 -0700

(I might be stating the obvious) There is another, I think more common,
method for esd protection on a 3.3v device that is 5v tolerant: That's
connect several clamp diodes in series before attaching to the 3.3v rail.
You can adjust the qty of these in series so that they do not conduct until
6V (or so). You still get the esd protection plus you're 5v tolerant.

Jim