[ SHOWGSD-L ] state of the union

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:46:22 EST

In a message dated 12/16/05 12:06:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I would  certainly agree that things are not the way they should be-  whether
it  is happening in your area or you just are not aware of it.  Some of our
big winners are being "adjusted" whether it is color, teeth or elbows - it is
going on-  We have dogs dieing before their time.  There are a lot  of
puppies dieing from certain lines -  Missing teeth are becoming more  common ,
spinal problems are too.   If we can not admit this the  breed will go down
fast-
There are cartels(for lack of a better name) If  a dog wins under one they are
going to win under most of the others. Certain  handlers do dominate whether
the dog deserves it or not.   Sticking  our head in the sand is not going to
change anything-  If you have been  around long enough you have seen this
happen before - then we cycle out of  it-  But we can not sit and do nothing
about
it

Very easy answer.  Get a better dog.

I noticed this too, and was gnashing my teeth at every show. Then I started
to show O'Connor.  Amazing how it resolved the problems.  The judges  got
smarter, the shows were more fun, the winners were better quality, none of  the
puppies have missing teeth, and no one is dying any more.  My dog was  not
colored, fixed or adjusted.  And none of the shows were won by inferior  dogs.

What an easy solution that was.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/