[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: To Better The Breed

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:53:02 -0800 (PST)

Dee!...I don't know you but I love you...what a great post....most show folks
breed to WIN.....and there is nothing wrong with that.....your post says it
all...lets get married..don't tell Mo!....lol...FB
"dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dlauffer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I think sometimes we all
loose sight of the most important fact of breeding. That is that the majority
of puppies will ultimately go to pet homes. Why do most people breed? To get
that super star. There is nothing wrong with that but the fact remains that
most of the puppies born will never see the inside of a show ring. With that in
mind, my personal opinion is that if we can tell these potential owners that we
have done everything we can possibly do to ensure good health and the rest is
up to genetics/nature/environment whatever, then that will go a long way to
enhance the opinion of the puppy buying public about breeders. AND they won't
be as afraid to buy a German Shepherd Dog.
JMHO
Dee Lauffer
POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original