[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pick your tools well

  • From: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:25:14 EDT

great post Peggy....thank you...i  went to many shows for years before
breeding....i titled dogs in schutzhund, obedience and conformation and decided
wanted conformation but i still didnt know all that was involved and no
standard
could help me...it was trial and error....if i didnt understand the judges
picks, i asked....i also talked to handlers that had the winning dogs and were
willing to share their knowledge and expertise...you have to have in your mind
a picture of what you are striving to breed for and work at it....also one has
to have "the eye".....i know a breeder who can evaluate a dog and pick all
the winners at a dog show  but cant breed it(Not an easy task).....NO stud dog
can meet all your expectations as i would always critique my bitch first and
strive to improve on her faults....too many buy into winning dogs and get the
credit of a champion and do not have the background of what it took to breed
that super puppy....are we wealthy to the point, we can go out and buy into
that
super dog ????  NO !!!!! so if we were to succeed, we had to breed it and i am
very proud of what we are producing and winning with today at the
specialties....the only value in the standard FOR ME is for these pet people
who listen
to these vets who say because our dogs are angled, they are crippled and people
listen to them....using a standard that is not equal to what we are producing
today is taking us back instead of going forward.... when i sell a dog, i
recommend books that i feel give the right information and is easy to
understand
for "John Q Public"....would love to go on about this, but my furkids are
calling......natalie

CLOVERLEIFE HILL KENNELS
http://www.cloverleife.com/

CH CLOVERLEIFE'S DIMPLES - CH CARMIL'S AMADEUS V WINDYWOOD
CH CLOVERLEIFE'S CAPPUCCINO