[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A lost opportunity

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Margery Golant" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:47:04 -0500

Much of what you say has merit..but do you think it is correct for
non-members to be privy to the inner workings of our club? if we formed a
GSDCA List..there could be a performance List and a conformation
List..shouldn't be a big deal...you can belong to either one..or both. the
current List..can be for discussing all things GSD related with the
exception of club business..ie ..elections..selection of National
sites...NIS...we currently have non-members giving input...why???? How is
forming a GSDCA List alienating our foreign support?  We have PC members
from other countries..dues can be paid by credit cards..are you saying that
in today's world..a membership fee of 60-70 dollars per year is too much to
support our breed..plus get the Review..and then add belonging to a
possible GSDCA List...that allows you to have input regarding the future of
our breed and its parent club???C.Grainger

The
> common demoninator of the List has always been  the premise that it is
> geared to the US / Canadian conformation fancy.  While there are other
> members, whose primary interest is AKC/CKC-style performance, or
WUSV-style
> competition, or otherwise, but who want to learn about and maintain
contact
> with the conformation world, the overwhelming bulk of List members are
GSDCA