[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A lost opportunity

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sally@xxxxxxxxxxx" <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, Tigra12@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:46:13 -0500

Sally..I understand your frustration..but you are judging the Canadian
national...you judge our breed..certainly you can't feel disenfranchised? I
am trying to change the mind set of "the club is offering me nothing" to
"what can I offer the club"  my idea of offering "perks" for membership
again..was to increase membership...however..with those perks should come
the expectation of service in the club..an area which Steve and I have been
negligent in..other than supporting the National with our entry. I have a
friend that is catholic...one of the "perks" of being a parishioner at his
church is the reduced tuition at the school..HOWEVER...the church expects
that if you want the "perks" you can either donate your "time" your
"talent" or your "Tithe". the point being is that.we an all can serve in a
different capacity. My suggestion of expanding the membership only portion
of the PC site was to be considered a "perk"...the implementation of a
GSDCA List..the suggestion of offering more seminars available at a nominal
fee for full members would be a perk. Maintaining continuing education to
be a full member would give more prestige to a full member.and could also
to be viewed as a perk...some have suggested a reduced national entry fee
for full members...also again we could consider a free entry for full
members in the parade of Greats. there are many ways for members to give to
the GSDCA..and for the GSDCA to give back to its members..C.Grainger

out- I could see no benefit in belonging to the club.
>  My experience has been the actual PC is a group of select people
specially chosen- and then there are the rest of us. Except for wanting the
recognition of the ROM for my dogs I found out I could function quite well
with out being a member. I still showed dogs, and I still finished my dogs.
And I had less headaches then I do now LOL