[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A lost opportunity

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, Tigra12@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:12:37 EDT

Good ideas Christine. The bulk of the knowledge of the GSD is unquestionably
in the members of the PC - both GSDCA and GSDCA-WDA. These are the people who
truly support the breed and who stand for what they believe in with their
time, talents and money.

We do not all agree 100 % on every issue but we are all in there fighting the
fight to preserve the GSD as the truly noble and versatile breed that it is
against all of the factions who would destroy the sports of purebred dogs in
general.

We are the ones on the front lines.
All of the talk and all of the opinions and all of the bickering that takes
place on this list does little to further our efforts. Too much information in
the hands of people with very limited experience does more to confuse than it
does to enlighten. Those of us who are serious about the future of this breed
will be found on the membership rolls of the AGSDC and/or The WDA.

The newcomrs into the breed are absolutely necessary to the survival of our
breed and our sport but they do not need to be getting their education from
others with no experience who talk a good line on this list but have never
proven
themselves in any venue and who have never supported the Parent Club of this
breed. They need to GET INVOLVED with more than their computer keyboard.
Parent club membership AND active involvement in dog sports with their dogs is
the
only way for them to truly learn what this world is all about.

This list is very beneficial and can be an introduction into the world of the
GSD but it is also very frustrating at times to those of us who are looking
for less 'hype' and more substance in things.
So, personally I would welcome a list where PC matters were discussed among
people at least serious enough about the breed to be active in it at some level
- and I don't mean just breeding puppies.

lynda

Check out our websites for constantly updated info and pictures
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com