[sac-forum] Re: Waiver-amendment debate.....

  • From: "Bob Christ" <bchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:45:17 -0700

Regarding the waiver issue, resistance to change is a human trait more
pervasive than acceptance of change.  Need a proof point?  Judo couldn't
exist without resistance to change - rather it counts on it.  And,
resistance can be most pervasive when one's "rights" appear to be impacted.
On the flip side, the proposed waiver "protects" the rights of others.  It's
difficult-to-near-impossible to "have it both ways."

Unless the proposed waiver is breaking new ground amongst astronomy clubs
(doubtful), other fellow clubs have already passed this way.  It would be
helpful to example how they manage their club's indemnity.  I view this as a
business issue, versus a personal issue.  The club agreed to formalize its
business structure and members must assume the appropriate responsibility to
achieve that end.

My thoughts.

Respectfully,

Bob Christ