[sac-forum] Re: Flatiron and vicinity

  • From: Chuck Akers <akersc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 06:39:34 -0800 (PST)

I didn't have the GPS coordinates handy, so I got it from Topozone, but there's
a brown BLM sign that says something like Vulture Peak. From the paved road,
you go west until you come to a parking area and a gate that's usually open.
It's not a perfect observing site, but with what's happening to Flatiron, it's
not bad IMO and it's close enough to drive home after observing.

Chuck

Stars <stars@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}           st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
                   According to Microsoft Streets and Trips the below
Coordinates is about 95 to 106 yards off the Vulture Mine Road.   The road when
heading north make a sharp right for about 250 yds then turns back north west.
Does this sound like the correct area?

  Thomas Hilton