[rollei_list] Re: are there more than one kind of Bay-II?

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:10:14 -0400

At 03:43 PM 8/13/06 -0700, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

>No, no Todd.   2.8A lenshoods will not properly index on a 42mm
>or 45mm spaced f3.5 camera or vice versa.  Filters will, of course.
>
>No one has ever seen a 2.8A lenshood with a bayonet marking.

Jerry

I just sold a 2.8A lenshood.  As you note, it was marked only with the F&H
logo and "2.8A" -- at that time, F&H only sold "Bayonet" accessories and
"2.8A" accessories.  It was not until the advent of the later 3.5C that the
term "Bayonet II" was adopted  I have always understood that the 2.8A used
what later came to be known as the Bayonet II mounting, but canted, as the
Baby Grey Bayonet I hoods are canted from those used on Rolleiflex and
Rollecord cameras.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!