[rollei_list] Re: are there more than one kind of Bay-II?

Almost right Jerry - The 2.8 A lens shade is Bay II and has no cut out to clear the upper bayonet because the bayonets are spaced far enough apart to not need the cut out. The 2.8 A lens shade looks like an overgrown bayonet one lens shade of the same vintage. If the shade is indeed bayonet two and belongs to a 2.8 A, it is a somewhat rare item.

So, it is possible the seller is correct and the shade is indeed bayonet two. But the seller could also be incorrect as well and the shade is not bayonet two.

todd

On 13-Aug-06, at 9:41 AM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Steve,

Obviously someone was not telling the truth.  A true Bay II lenshood
has the flange relieved to clear the closely spaced bayonet rings.

A picture of a Bay III 2.8 F will not do any good, so do not bother
to send it.

Your serial number correctly shows a 3.5E camera, Bay II.

Jerry

steven woody wrote:

hi, list

i just bought a metal Len Hood for my Rolleiflex 3.5E ( serial no
1748514 ).  the seller declared it is Bay-II mount but i can not
manage to mount it on to my lens.

after carefully checked my lens mounts, i found the two lens mounts of
my TLR are positioned one
closed to another, i mean there is no gap between two mounts, nothing
can be inserted between two mounts. so, i think, if a lens hood can
mount the lens, it has to get a male mount and insert into the female
slots of the lens mount, not covering its outer. but the lens hood on
my hand gets a mount likely to be female, and its size make it looks
like it should cover the outer of a lens mount. it is impossible.

i don't get digicam so i can not upload picture for my camera and the
lens hood. attached is a pic of 2.8F i got from net, which has a same
( or similar ) structure with my lens mounts. i hope you can see the
problem and tell me what is the wrong.

thank you in advance.

--
Celine: Yes, of course! Now that makes total sense, right? You're a
Capricorn, I'm a Sagittarius, that's why we get along so well!

--- Rollei List

--- Rollei List