[rollei_list] are there more than one kind of Bay-II?

  • From: "steven woody" <narkewoody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 23:50:15 +0800

hi, list

i just bought a metal Len Hood for my Rolleiflex 3.5E ( serial no
1748514 ).  the seller declared it is Bay-II mount but i can not
manage to mount it on to my lens.

after carefully checked my lens mounts, i found the two lens mounts of
my TLR are positioned one
closed to another, i mean there is no gap between two mounts, nothing
can be inserted between two mounts.  so, i think, if a lens hood can
mount the lens, it has to get a male mount and insert into the female
slots of the lens mount, not covering its outer.  but the lens hood on
my hand gets a mount likely to be female, and its size make it looks
like it should cover the outer of a lens mount. it is impossible.

i don't get digicam so i can not upload picture for my camera and the
lens hood.  attached is a pic of 2.8F i got from net, which has a same
( or similar ) structure with my lens mounts.  i hope you can see the
problem and tell me what is the wrong.

thank you in advance.

--
Celine: Yes, of course! Now that makes total sense, right? You're a
Capricorn, I'm a Sagittarius, that's why we get along so well!