[rollei_list] Re: are there more than one kind of Bay-II?

  • From: todd belcher <todd_belcher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:51:41 -0700

Jerry,

No Jerry! The 2.8 A lens shade is Bay II as the size is the same as any other Bay II accessory. The bayonet designation for an accessory refers to the size of the accessory. What is different is the orientation and spacing of the bayonets on the 2.8 A camera. This is the same logic applied to the 42 and 45 mm interlens lens caps. They are both Bay II caps, but the spacing of the bayonets are different on the camera.

As far as markings on the shade, I have Bay I shades that are marked with the metric diameter and no reference to the bayonet - the same as the 2.8 A shade.

todd

On 13-Aug-06, at 11:39 AM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Todd,

No, Todd!  The 2.8A lenshoods were never marked or officially
sold as "Bay II".  They were marked as "2.8" or a metric diameter.
I have had 4 of them.  They would not properly fit any Bay I or II
cameras.  A local idiot at a San Diego camera store told me that
they were for the RolleiMagic, and sold me two for $5.00!   I gave
one to Neil and the other to Ross Bleasedale to use on their 2.8A.

Jerry

todd belcher wrote:

Almost right Jerry - The 2.8 A lens shade is Bay II and has no cut
out to clear the upper bayonet because the bayonets are spaced far
enough apart to not need the cut out. The 2.8 A lens shade looks like
an overgrown bayonet one lens shade of the same vintage. If the shade
is indeed bayonet two and belongs to a 2.8 A, it is a somewhat rare
item.

So, it is possible the seller is correct and the shade is indeed
bayonet two. But the seller could also be incorrect as well and the
shade is not bayonet two.

todd

On 13-Aug-06, at 9:41 AM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Steve,

Obviously someone was not telling the truth.  A true Bay II lenshood
has the flange relieved to clear the closely spaced bayonet rings.

A picture of a Bay III 2.8 F will not do any good, so do not bother
to send it.

Your serial number correctly shows a 3.5E camera, Bay II.

Jerry

steven woody wrote:

hi, list

i just bought a metal Len Hood for my Rolleiflex 3.5E ( serial no
1748514 ).  the seller declared it is Bay-II mount but i can not
manage to mount it on to my lens.

after carefully checked my lens mounts, i found the two lens
mounts of
my TLR are positioned one
closed to another, i mean there is no gap between two mounts, nothing
can be inserted between two mounts. so, i think, if a lens hood can
mount the lens, it has to get a male mount and insert into the female
slots of the lens mount, not covering its outer. but the lens
hood on
my hand gets a mount likely to be female, and its size make it looks
like it should cover the outer of a lens mount. it is impossible.

i don't get digicam so i can not upload picture for my camera and the
lens hood. attached is a pic of 2.8F i got from net, which has a
same
( or similar ) structure with my lens mounts. i hope you can see the
problem and tell me what is the wrong.

thank you in advance.

--
Celine: Yes, of course! Now that makes total sense, right? You're a
Capricorn, I'm a Sagittarius, that's why we get along so well!

'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

08/11/2006

--- Rollei List