[rollei_list] Re: Trying to restore Kodachromes taken 50 years ago

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 09:21:10 -0300

OK, these are the first six samples, they were taken by my father
between 1958 and 1962 using a Voss Diax IIb rangefinder camera with a
Xenon Schneider 2/50 (coated), except for the last one, taken with a
WA lens Xenagon Schneider 3,5/35. My father sent these Kodachromes to
Kodak Argentina in Buenos Aires city for processing, however they sent
the Kodachromes to Kodak USA (according some versions to a giant
laboratory that Kodak had in the Panama channel zone, according other
versions, to Rochester directly); he received the processed slides
with their Kodak cardboard frames three months later.

Please, keep in mind these are color shots taken and processed about
55 years ago:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/sets/72157646242821302/

Carlos

PS: I changed some privacy settings for these six images, but I think
you'll see them without problems.