[rollei_list] Re: Trying to restore Kodachromes taken 50 years ago

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:00:22 -0500

At 07:59 AM 8/7/2014, you wrote:
Thank you Evan for the interest and comment. Yes, I scanned them
yesterday, Kodachromes have a distinctive look indeed. I used an Epson
v700 scanner.

Carlos

This is not a specific response to the post but what ever happened to the "Applied Science Fiction" color restoration company, purchased I think, by Adobe or Kodak, forgot which?

There was a trial version, that left a "watermark" but it did a wonderful job when I tried it.

Is that process included in any of the editors on the market now?

I have Elements 11 and when I clicked on a known white spot (per instructions) nothing happened. I think because the white spot, a shirt, was already white. The non-white parts of the image had, and still have, a color cast.

When I went to the fine tuning section slight changes to the settings made changes beyond what I wanted. Guess it takes a cool hand to do that.

DAW