[rollei_list] Re: Trying to restore Kodachromes taken 50 years ago

  • From: Hauke Fath <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 22:10:45 +0200

On Wed, 6 Aug 2014 19:49:36 -0300, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
> Kodachrome slides make more difficult IR cleaning due to
> some dyes tending to block the IR light, however they are not like the
> B&W negs that block the IR light completely.

Kodachome was never my film of choice, both because of the price tag,
as Jan has already mentioned, and what I found a peculiar rendition of
colours. Two Kodachrome 50 films were given to me over time: The first
is one of my first slide films, used in an Agfa Autostar 126 camera in
the early seventies, and the second one an 135 film taken around 1980.

I will make test scans with Vuescan and my Nikon LS30 when I find the
time, and see what the IR channel has.

hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <hauke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>