[rollei_list] Re: Tell the tales of Triotars

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 16:23:39 -0400

Hi Sanders -

OK, got it. You are not looking for a practical answer, but a theoretical
one...

So, you have this backwards. The lens that is closer to it's optimal design
speed should, all things being equal, be "sharper" (your original question)
than the faster version stopped down; it should have less flare and better
resolution. So the slower lens should be superior to the faster lens
stopped down to the slower lens' full aperture speed...

Eric Goldstein