[rollei_list] Re: [OT] film vs digital

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:04:30 -0400

Interesting. I've seen a lot of people who do their own inkjet printing. They have not had a good sense of color and images often suck. They would be better served going somewhere to have them done. Then again, I watch these guys in the drugstores butcher prints, too.

A friend bought a I-phone and load photos onto it. There are a few photos I wouldn't mind doing that with, but I don't think I'd spend $600 to display a few photos. My friend, in turn, probably wouldn't want to spend the time in the darkroom to get one good image that I do. We live in different worlds. I just hope I can do film as long as I live. Co-existence is all right with me as long as I can buy film, paper and chemicals.
Doug

On Jul 19, 2007, at 9:09 PM, marvin0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Here is another thought on digi vs film. With digi more people produce good images but less people produce great images. I think that this is a trend that has stretched back to the time of painting. When one had to be very skilled to produce a great image.Along comes the sillouete image, the physionatrace sorry can't recall the spelling and democratises the whole image process, more people can do it but the overall quality goes down. I think the same is true today, more people now have the means to produce decent images, but it generally ends there.
Marvin.
Sent via BlackBerry® from 3