[rollei_list] Re: OT Re: Scanning 120 film

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 08:39:44 -0500

I'm confused. If you need to scan at the highest quality, why not use an Imacon?

Doug

On Dec 28, 2007, at 6:33 AM, Neil Gould wrote:

Hi Eric,

Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:19:43 -0500
From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>

Neil -

[...] It was this statement which led to my confusion:

"As a publisher of technical materials, photography is
integral to my livelihood, and for much of this work, there is no
choice but to scan at the highest quality."

What aspect of your publishing requires scanning to the highest
quality?

Trade show displays, where images can be 4' or larger, and those require
scanning at maximum resolution & quality. When producing a high-end
products catalog, the cover photos might be done using MF, as well.

Regards,

Neil