[rollei_list] Re: OT: RF vs SLR for 35mm

  • From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:11:59 -0600

I prefer the rf for interchangeable lens use because of the viewfinder. I can focus and compose my 35mm f1.5 Canon lens through the viewfinder of my M2 far more accurately and quickly and reliably than I can focus and compose my Nikkor 35/2 lens through the viewfinder of my FM2n. And when I use wider lenses on the Nikon, the 24/2.8 and the 20/2.8, focusing is so difficult that I am better off scale focusing them. My VC 21/4 lens on the M2 focuses just as quickly, accurately, and reliably as my 35 and 50mm lenses. The view through the VC finder is brighter and even more brilliant than the view through the M2 finder.

The rf is nostaligic in my opinion but I prefer the slr for interchangable lens use because of the viewfinder.

Your trip sounds interesting. I hope you post some of you pictures..

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thor Legvold" <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>