[rollei_list] Re: OT: RF vs SLR for 35mm

  • From: "Roger M. Wiser" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:10:37 -0600

Thor, it looks like you have a taste for the higher class cameras. In thinking out of the box regarding the Leica, Contax, Voigtlander, etc. and depending on the conveience you desire. Jeff Dilcher has a good idea on the Olympus. The down side is you may have problems with exposure metering (if the XA has a built in meter) Kodachrome, which was my favorite.

The Nikon with different lens would be a good choice. The rf is nostaligic in my opinion but I prefer the slr for interchangable lens use because of the viewfinder.

Your trip sounds interesting. I hope you post some of you pictures..

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thor Legvold" <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>