[rollei_list] Re: 2.8FX shutter cock and film advance 'synchronisation'

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:35:54 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
escribió:

>>    Yes, you are right about this, the shutter
> release is
> locked out until the crank is returned to its
> neutral
> position. However, one can still cock the shutter
> without
> fully winding the film if the crank is worked back
> before it
> reaches the stop.

Richard, this afternoon I did tests with true film
using the 2.8C and the 3.5F about the film advance
avoiding to reach the crank first stop position and
returning the crank to the second and final stop, in
others words, using the way you described in the
second part of your message.
You are right, a short crank advance before to reach
the first crank stop and returning back the crank to
the second stop (or neutral position)is enough to cock
and to release the shutter, it can happen at any
position of the film trip, from the beginning till the
frame 12.
IMO it means that if this situation happens, you have
the risk to obtain overlapped frames because you can
release the shutter before the new frame is placed in
the right position, in others words the shot could
affect the previous image partially, it happened me
once in my life a few months ago when I was shooting
the frames for a pano photo and now I know the reason.
It also could mean that the FX film advance mechanism
is right.
As the manual indicates, it's necessary to turn the
crank till  the first stop and then to do the crank
backward motion, this is the only guarantee to avoid
overlapped images.-

All the best

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar