[rollei_list] Re: 2.8FX shutter cock and film advance 'synchronisation'

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:47:41 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:27 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: 2.8FX shutter cock and film advance 'synchronisation'

----- Original Message ----- From: <chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 5:56 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I would have certainly aligned the arrows
correctly. I should emphasise too that out of the 3 rolls that I shot 2 were
fine. Will obviously be trying a few more rolls (taking care to crank to
the click) but I think my question may well have been better phrased by
asking is the procedure for next frame advance 'idiot proof' - assuming what
I have described is normal behaviour then it is not. And thats fair enough!

I am not sure of the winding and metering arrangement in the FX. In a Rolleicord or Standard Rolleiflex the start position is determined either by the arrows or by a red window where the numeral 1 is set. The metering is done by a lever with a toothed wheel on it
>> which bears on one end of the take up spool. <<

(For clarification)

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA