[riscos-printing] Re: Epson R360 Banding for the first time

  • From: Gary Jones <localnews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:29:36 GMT

In message <e01b9a3350.BrianFerris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Brian <brferris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
> Reading through the replies, the printer never had banding before.
> The pics I tried haven't been rotated or even cropped.
> Print spooler isn't used.
> I still get banding if using 720x360 dpi 720, 1440 x720.I've never
> used the higher dpi as I've never had issues before.I haven't used
> anything below 720dpi.
> I used to have it set on ' best ' but now there seems to be more
> options there ?
> Brian

I purchased an Epson S20 printer when the previous 'test' version was
released and I don't recall seeing any banding. However, with this
version I'm noticing banding for the first time on graphics and shaded
areas.

I mainly use my printer for word processing with graphics at 360dpi
and occasionally 720dpi (no photos) which in the past has been
perfectly acceptable for documents.

I guess I can live with it but it the output now is slightly worse
than before.

Gary

--
Gary Jones
Get free cashback for your online purchases