[riscos-printing] Re: Epson R360 Banding for the first time

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:54:26 +0100

In message <a9a14c3b50.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Gary Jones <localnews@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <840a0b3a50.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> OK, so could both you and Brian please try again using 2.30 with your
>> existing settings? You can find a copy of version 2.30 at
>> http://www.mw-software.com/software/gutenprint/downloadsP/gpdriver230.zip

> I've done as you said Martin and it seems I am mistaken. The banding
> is clearly there with 2.30. Incidently, the link above downloads
> v2.10. I just happened to have the 2.30 zip file from before.

Ah, sorry, I forgot to actually upload the file.

OK, so it was the transition from Gutenprint 5.0 to 5.2 that caused
the problem. It is well possible that some parameters need to be set
differently in this version or I have made some other mistake in the
process of adapting the RISC OS layer. Of course it could be a genuine
problem in the actual Gutenprint library though this is less likely.

> On another matter, I have discovered that I'm unable to print anything
> other than fonts and images (sprites PNGs etc) from Draw 2.40.
> Interestingly, if I 'print' the output to a PostScript file using the
> PS printer, and view in RiScript, I can see and then print a hard copy
> of lines, circles, rectangles etc. Is this anything to do with the
> GutenPrint driver or is this likely to be a problem with Draw?

From what I have seen so far I would say that Draw 2.40 on RISC OS
6.14 is pretty much incapable of printing. In order to see that it is
not connected to Gutenprint, simply try printing to David Pilling's
SPrinter (sprite printer driver). The bulk of the file (i.e., shapes
and lines) does not appear, only text and bitmaps are printed.

Martin