[riscos-printing] Re: Epson R360 Banding for the first time

  • From: Gary Jones <localnews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:43:35 GMT

In message <840a0b3a50.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <f412063a50.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Gary Jones <localnews@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In message <1754033a50.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> By previous test version you mean version 2.30 in early January?
>
>> That's right.
>
> OK, so could both you and Brian please try again using 2.30 with your
> existing settings? You can find a copy of version 2.30 at
> http://www.mw-software.com/software/gutenprint/downloadsP/gpdriver230.zip

I've done as you said Martin and it seems I am mistaken. The banding
is clearly there with 2.30. Incidently, the link above downloads
v2.10. I just happened to have the 2.30 zip file from before.

I've tried all the different interleave method settings and they seem
to have no effect. The only thing that helps is changing the dpi. I
have tried 720x360 - banding less noticeable. At 720x720 again banding
is there but much finer - less than 1mm apart. For most of the work
I'm doing (i.e. letters with a logo) I can live with the 720x720dpi
but obviously it will take more time for me to do my printing.

On another matter, I have discovered that I'm unable to print anything
other than fonts and images (sprites PNGs etc) from Draw 2.40.
Interestingly, if I 'print' the output to a PostScript file using the
PS printer, and view in RiScript, I can see and then print a hard copy
of lines, circles, rectangles etc. Is this anything to do with the
GutenPrint driver or is this likely to be a problem with Draw?

Regards
Gary