[real-eyes] Re: adobe reader

  • From: "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:15:31 -0500

Hi Sarah,

welcome to the Real Eyes list.  We are a blind computer users group in
Kansas City.  Most of the time we are too lazy to all meet so we have this
list that people have sort of joined from all over the country and we help
each other.  Once a year or so we try to meet and have steaks and party a
little.  Tell us something about you.  There's no such thing as a stupid
question and, we are all here to help each other.  Usually we keep the
traffic pretty low and just forward interesting information that helps us
all.

I use a Braille Note which I love.  I know there are Packmate users on here.
Where I think it's all going with the notetakers are devices like the Icon
Plus from Level Star and A.P.H. that are a  phone, notetaker, music player,
have blue tooth and Braille support and fit in your pocket with a 30 gig
hard drive.  Makes some of this other stuff look positively obsolete and it
only costs about $1500.