[real-eyes] Re: Windows Programs and Others

  • From: "Reginald George" <adapt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 07:59:02 -0600

System Access is very good, particularly on the net.  However, I wouldn't
say that it can do everything Jaws does, particularly in Excel and the
Office programs.  It seems to work pretty well in Word and with Spellcheck,
although I haven't played with it extensively in Office 2010, so maybe
someone else can address the situation there.  Last I knew there was no
built-in ability to create scripts or frames, another words to customize it
for specific applications so it would work better.  I'm also not sure about
Java support.  However, it does work very well for the things that most
people use a computer for, and it continues to be improved.  They even have
$100 licenses for netbooks.  All of the other screen readers must charge for
major version upgrades.   System Access does not.  Once you have bought in
you are in.  None of the other major screen readers can come close to that
kind of affordability.