[real-eyes] Re: Windows Programs and Others

  • From: "Glenn" <GlennErvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:47:21 -0600

Hi Margaret,
You also asked about Office.
I do my spread sheets, PowerPoint, and excel all with Office 2000, and
Microsoft has a free utility you can install for converting your word and
presumably other file types to a new version.
I think Office 2000 is quite a bit easier to use than 2007 or by far, 2010.
If you have already purchased the 2010, and don't wish to use it, I can get
you a copy of my Office 2000 which comes with the key already installed.
Another thought on the cutting out of the sound:
Sometimes other devices take resources that they shouldn't.
Your computer person can go into device manager, and disable some that he or
she knows aren't used, like maybe the com ports and maybe the printer port.
If you use a network printer, or if it is connected via USB, you can disable
the LPT1 port.  Also, try to delete some other hardware in device manager,
and reboot, and windows will reinstall them on start-up, and reallocate
better resources.
HTH.
Glenn