[pure-silver] Re: Workbench advice

  • From: Justin Knotzke <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:32:56 -0400

   Very interesting.. I'll keep that in mind.

At this point, I think I am going to build myself a workbench, possibly two. I've found some plans and I have a couple of friends who are handy with tools. ;-)

I'll throw trays on one workbench and then the enlarger and press on the other. The print washer will go on top of the washer and dryer. This should really reduce the time it takes me to get up and running. Ideally, when the mood strikes me, I want to be able to walk into my darkroom and make a print. Right now, it requires that I spend over an hour converting the office into a darkroom.

   Now all that is left is to find inspiration to shoot film!

   Thanks to everyone who replied. Really helpful. As always.

On 3-Apr-09, at 10:23 , Hagner, Andrew wrote:

Justin:

I have not seen anyone mentioning Nova print processors. They are stand-up slot processors that save tons of space, do not require a sink, keep developer, stop and fixer solutions at identical temperatures, and the solution last a long time without any apparent oxidation. All you have to do is top up the solutions. The processor also is always ready with the solutions stored in it requiring little preparation prior to a printing session. Very clean and neat. Have a look at their web site:

http://www.novadarkroom.com/product/118/Nova_Monochrome_Processor.html

- Andrew.