[pure-silver] Re: Workbench advice

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:29:52 -0400

Hagner, Andrew wrote:
Justin:

I have not seen anyone mentioning Nova print processors.  They are
stand-up slot processors that save tons of space, do not require a sink,
keep developer, stop and fixer solutions at identical temperatures, and
the solution last a long time without any apparent oxidation.  All you
have to do is top up the solutions.  The processor also is always ready
with the solutions stored in it requiring little preparation prior to a
printing session.  Very clean and neat.  Have a look at their web site:

http://www.novadarkroom.com/product/118/Nova_Monochrome_Processor.html

I have one of those in 8"x10" size. It has three heated slots and one slot
for a water wash. I have used it only for color prints. I suppose it would
work on RC paper for black and white prints too. It certainly does save
space, though.

I do not use it much because I am not a good color printer, and dislike most
of my color images anyway. I never tried fibre-based paper in there, but I
do not think it would work very well as it is not limp and flat enough so
that the solutions would be wiped off sufficiently on the edges of the unit.

I prefer to use trays for B&W prints.

 ^^-^^ 10:25:01 up 9 days, 16:39, 3 users, load average: 4.50, 4.52, 4.45