[pure-silver] Re: The Quest

  • From: Bill Stephenson <photographica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:05:14 -0500

OK, I give up! I had never heard the term "unsharp mask" until I ventured (slightly) into the digital world. (And, until today, had only heard it applied to digital.) How does one accomplish "unsharping" in the analog film realm?

Thanks for the enlightenment,

-Bill

On Thursday, December 14, 2006, at 11:29  AM, Chris Ellinger wrote:

I think unsharp masking would produce the "tack sharp" look that you are after. The effect is to increase edge contrast in the image, and would be very effective in images of buildings.