[pure-silver] Re: The Quest

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:52:12 -0700

Adrienne Moumin wrote:

I am trying to get the incredible tack-sharp depth of field in Abbott's "City Arabesque" and other NY skyline shots. I shot handheld on 6x4.5 from a bobbing barge

Adrienne, "shot handheld on 6x4.5 from a bobbing barge" is two strikes. Add any enlarger misalignment or a less than perfect enlarger lens and that's three strikes. You also didn't mention which film and developer combination you were using. Weather is another factor. No wind, clear air and high contrast lighting can help. Keep trying.
Chauncey