[pure-silver] Re: Sink Decisions and Waterproofing

  • From: "Walter Jourdan" <walterjourdan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:13:47 +0200

Very nice darkroom, Claudio!!
How did you mount the thermometer sensor into the fitting??

Regards
Walter
De: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:43:32 +0200
À: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>You can build your own 2x4 support for the Delta sinks, no problem, if you
>get the angle front-to-back right. In other words, it is not just a
>rectangular frame. However, the steel frames are easy to put up, easy to
>take apart, light and look good enough. I saw no need to make my own.
>
>My policy is to go the do-it-yourself route only if I can't buy it or if it
>is outragiously expensive. I don't dot it myself, just because I can. I
need
>my spare time for photography not for carpentry. On the other hand, it's
>feels good when you can do it yourself. Very satisfying and a reason to
show
>it off with pride. Nothing wrong with that either.

>Regards

>Ralph W. Lambrecht
>
>http://www.darkroomagic.com

I decided to build mine for three reasons:
- availability, sinks are difficult to obtain where I live
- dimensions, I was able to dimension it exactly how I wanted to be
- price, due to the reduced availability, shipping charges from the States
are just impossible ...

The design is very simple and similar to Jim's one:
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/sink.htm

I also built the water panel for the same reasons:
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/waterpanel.htm

Regards,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch