[pure-silver] Re: Sink Decisions and Waterproofing

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:34:41 +0200

Richard

The term 'fiberglass', as a plastic material, comes indeed from strains of
glass fibers, which in combination with an (epoxy) resin make what we call
'fiberglass'. The glass fibers or the resin alone are of little use. You can
think of the glass fibers as being similar to the reinforcing steel rods
used in concrete.

I'm not familiar with the resins discussed here, but if someone 'brushes on
fiberglass' he is most likely talking about the actual resin and not the
glass fibers.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com