[pure-silver] Re: Sink Decisions and Waterproofing

  • From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:01:59 +0200

Hi Gary,

I'm not completely happy with it.
The exhaust tube is close to the ceiling and my nose is just between the fumes
source and the exhaust ...
I will replace it by a smaller (due to space limitations) perforated tube
located behind the trays in the sink itself.

I'll keep the intake tube with its ventilator, I like this push-pull design,
both ventilators are same model.

Some prefer to give a slight overpressure in the darkroom like in
semiconductors dust-proof plants but I'm not convinced I'll ever be able to
have a completely dust free darkroom ...

I selected low noise fans and they are pretty quiet.
The tubes may amplify somewhat the noise.
I was limited by the diameter of the hole in the concrete walls of my basement.
I don't remember the values of noise, throughput and diameter but can find them
if you need. Values are not critical anyway.

Take some time to select the model that gives you the best combination of
throughput and noise, these values are generally indicated.
BTW fans are pretty cheap.

Regards,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch