[pure-silver] Re: Polycontrast Paper Performance / Cold lite

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:47:27 -0400 (EDT)

From: "J. Stewart" <jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Polycontrast Paper Performance / Cold lite
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 14:41:28 -0400

> I'll try the tricolor filters if I can find them and then decide. Again,
> thanks, Ralph.

Using those filters on non-VC cold head won't help, just like any
filter won't help on those non-VC cold lights. Your choice is to use
the head only for graded paper, or change to VC-compatible tubes in
your cold light head.

I use both tungsten and cold heads but there is nothing wrong with
either way. They are good for different things.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."