[pure-silver] Re: Polycontrast Paper Performance / Cold lite

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:47:18 +0200

Maybe, but I haven't taken it that far. My factor is '6', and if I need a
little less contrast I may go to '4'. If I need more contrast, I go to '8',
but changing the factor does also affect highlight exposure, which makes
this procedure a bit cumbersome and demotes it to just a minor 'tweak'
rather than a regular routine. With VC papers, one is better off changing
the filtration and keeping the factor fixed.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

On 10/19/04 2:37 AM, "J.R. Stewart" <jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, Ralph. My factor is closer to 5-6. For instance, I 'normally' start
> seeing midtones at around 45-50 seconds and I pull it out of developer at
> 240 seconds.  I just didn't recognize the term.. now I know. Thanks.
>
> I think a practice of adjusting your development factor while printing takes
> some experience and probably some testing, doesn't it? Do you use a
> methodical approach for adjusting your factor? For instance, does reducing
> your factor from 6 to 4 consistently produce an increase of 1/2 paper
> grade?? Can one standardize this procedure?
>
> Jim

>>> developers. Ansco 130 replaces HQ with glycin. It really has a longer