[pure-silver] Re: Polycontrast Paper Performance / Cold lite

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <Laurence.Cuffe@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:08:51 +0100 (IST)

Richard Knoppow wrote:
>   I am puzzled by how the developer can affect paper
>contrast at all. Prints are developed to "completion", that
>is to the highest contrast the material is capable of.
Not everyone wants their prints to go all the way from black to white,
and for some peculiar reason it is these prints which seem to benifit
from a low contrast developer.  While I'd like to say I've had lots of
experience with selectol soft etc, I'd be lying.  When I'm looking for
a soft print I just run the print in a tray of T-Max, and pull it out
when it looks done.
My 2c (euro, they're worth more!)
All the best
Larry