[pure-silver] Re: Personal Dev Times

  • From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 07:29:09 +0200

[de-lurking]
Hello,

I'm following this thread with interest and must say that I find nothing wrong with the 2 opinions expressed in it. The Zone system is a great approach to tone control, but very difficult to use in 35mm photography, specially when you work in changing light (contrast) conditions over the 36 images on a roll of film. Model photography on the other hand is often done in stable light conditions and probably easier to handle with zone system...

If any of you have a practical zone system approach for reportage or street photography with 35mm film, I would be glad to hear it! I use the "over-expose, under-develop, bracket-when-I-can, adapt paper grade" approach for that kind of photography.

[/de-lurking]

All the best from the south of France!

Tarek

Tarek Charara
<http://www.pix-that-stimulate.com>

Le 12 avr. 06 à 19:55, Ralph W. Lambrecht a écrit :

BTW,
with model photography, backeting doesn't work very well. That type of
photography lives from the special moment.